Is Vinegar a Disinfectant

Is Vinegar a Disinfectant? Here Are 5 Reasons You Shouldn’t Use It To Clean

Is vinegar a disinfectant? Many households like to use vinegar as an alternative cleaning solution to chlorine bleach. They want to avoid the harshness of chemicals in their house, but vinegar may not be the best solution. Using an all-natural cleaning solution is a great way to clean your home or business safety without the risk of irritants in the air from toxic chemicals. But using a disinfectant that contains electrolyzed water is a better way to disinfect a building as opposed to vinegar. 

Is Vinegar a Disinfectant? No, and Here’s Why

You may wonder, is vinegar a disinfectant? Although vinegar has some use as a household cleaner, it actually doesn’t have any real disinfecting power. There are a variety of reasons why vinegar isn’t ideal as a cleaner. Here are a few examples of why vinegar is no substitute for other all-natural cleaning products such as electrolyzed water.

1. It doesn’t disinfect:

Vinegar is not EPA approved as a disinfectant. Vinegar is not strong enough to kill all the bacteria and germs needed to really be considered an effective cleaner. Vinegar cleaners leave behind 20% of germs, including rhinovirus, which is responsible for half of all colds. It would be preferable to seek out a cleaner that’s guaranteed to kill 99.8% of bacteria.

2. High concentrations can be irritating: 

One of the biggest benefits of using an all-natural cleaner is its non-toxicity and safety compared to a bleach-based cleaner. But high concentrations of vinegar can be irritating to the eyes and it can burn the esophagus if ingested due to the acetic acid found in vinegar.

3. It needs rinsing: 

Vinegar used on surfaces has to be rinsed off to avoid corrosion. This isn’t a problem with cleaners made of electrolyzed water.

4. It can be harmful to plants

Vinegar can slow the growth of or kill plants it’s used near due to its acidity. Electrolyzed water poses no such risk.

5. The smell can linger: 

Vinegar has a very strong and distinctive scent and it can be very noticeable.

So is vinegar a disinfectant? Not at all. That’s why it’s good to look into different all-natural alternatives to chlorine bleach. Cleaners containing electrolyzed water are the disinfectant of choice for hospitals and schools and now you can even purchase them for your home through A Better Way Distributing’s Hydrolyze product. 

Choose Hydrolyze Instead

Hydrolyze is a powerful all-natural and non-toxic cleaner made from electrolyzed water. Electrolyzed water is made from the electrolysis of water and salt. It’s just as effective as bleach when it comes to killing the bacteria and viruses that cause sickness. But it’s gentle enough to use around people, plants, animals, and on any surface in a home or building. Is vinegar a disinfectant? No, that’s why Hydrolyze is vinegar free and guaranteed to be the perfect all-encompassing and all-natural cleaner for any project big or small. To learn how you can purchase Hydrolyze you can go to A Better Way Distributing’s website at https://abetterwaydistributing.com/product/hydrolyze/.

Contact Us

Please Fill Out The Form To Contact Us Or Call (855) 905-4421

More To Explore

Does Vinegar Kill Viruses

Does Vinegar Kill Viruses?

Many commercial electrolyzed water products add vinegar to the solution of salt and water. But does vinegar kill viruses? If not, what purpose does it have in electrolyzed water? It

Read More »
What is Hypochlorous Acid?

What is Hypochlorous Acid?

Are you looking for an alternative to chlorine bleach for cleaning your home or business? Then A Better Way Distributing has the all-natural green cleaning solution for you. Hydrolyze made

Read More »
Scroll to Top